Circupool Total balance

Quite a few threads here about using CO2 for pH control..

Indeed. Thank you. After reading through those threads I can certainly relate to the gent who had a continuously rising pH that didn't seem to have a resolution. What I have is relatively new finish, pool features, a CSWG, with a TA of 70. Prior to the Total Balance I'd taken the TA down to as far as 50 to try to mitigate the rising pH to no avail. Not until the TB have I been able to stop adding acid every other day. If you read up top, I wouldn't mind that if I lived here all year round. Need to make the pool more "set it and forget it" than it currently is while it sits in the South Florida summer until we return in October.

Hi All. First post so be easy on me ;)
So have a 6 month old pool that I cannot seem to get control of regarding pH. I'm militant about the LSI/CSI and have lowered the TA to 60 to no avail. Still needs MA every two days. I actually love taking care of the pool so don't mind the process at all. Coffee/pool.
<Back to edit> It should be said that I have a SWCG, taller waterfall, and sundeck in a pool that's 14x30x5 respectively. I believe this elevated pH will be a continued issue for me. Please tell me if I'm wrong.
Heres the issue.......we are seasonal Florida residents and are leaving soon for the North. Would have been gone already if not for Covid. I cannot find a pool guy that begins to understand LSI/CSI. Most thought it was unimportant to test the CH so omitted it from their try outs. Even if I could find a service, they'd have to be out every two days to keep the pool truly balanced. Very afraid of what pool I'll come back to.

Enter.....Circupool Total balance. I read a recent thread in here regarding it and the two objections to the product were cost vs benefit and the tank refills. For me it seems that the cost would be worth it if it works. Anything at this point to build insurance policy for the finish of the new pool. Additionally the install seems simple DIY for my short time left here in Fl.

Any thoughts on ANY of this would be greatly appreciated. Green light or Red light? lol
Did you go with the CircuPool Total Balance? I have a CircuPool SWCG and like it, but pH rise is constant as with all SWCGs. Thought this seemed easier than adding acid every week and yo-yoing the pH.

Did you go with the CircuPool Total Balance? I have a CircuPool SWCG and like it, but pH rise is constant as with all SWCGs. Thought this seemed easier than adding acid every week and yo-yoing the pH.
Be sure your pH rise is not due to your TA in your fill water. CO2 does not reduce TA.
SWCG does not raise the pH on its own.

Hi Mike - thank you. You originally turned me onto CircuPool and I self installed their Core SWCG. My fill water is actually okay on pH and Alk (7.6 / 91). I thought a byproduct of a SWCG is rising pH?

Hi Mike - thank you. You originally turned me onto CircuPool and I self installed their Core SWCG. My fill water is actually okay on pH and Alk (7.6 / 91). I thought a byproduct of a SWCG is rising pH?
The SWCG creates a minor effect due to aeration. The rest of the process is pH neutral. If your TA is not consistently rising, the aeration effect is not significant.

Is your pH rising? What is the TA of your fill water? How much fill water do you add?

pH is constantly rising - not significantly though, about 0.05 per day, but in a week that's 0.35, so it puts me out of range and I use acid to adjust down to 7.2 and start over. Alkalinity is fine - hangs out around 90 until I add acid, then drops to 80ish when I add acid. Fill water Alkalinity is 91. Was thinking of a stenner pump. I just don't like yo-yoing any measurement and pH down to 7.2 then creeping up to 8.0+ then adding acid to bring it back to 7.2 and repeating the process seems sub-optimal. I fill once per week about 500 gal.

If your TA rises due to fill water, you will still be adding muriatic acid to lower that.

The pH getting up to 8 and lowering each week to mid to low 7's is not a big deal.

Just making sure you understand the chemistry of using CO2. It is great in areas of steady TA, minimal fill water adds (primarily due to rain/high humidity) and a rising pH due to aeration.

Thank you and I appreciate your advice and feedback. My TA has been pretty steady 90-100 without acid. With fill water at 91 last I checked (will check again), seems like I can maintain that range without a problem if I went with the CO2 system. The CSI test in the math app would have me at 0.09 with a pH of 7.6 and TA of 100 and my other levels where they are. It just seems like CSI is very sensitive to pH rise so my goal with CO2 or a stenner pump is to be have the pH be as consistent as possible. My SWCG adjusts in 25% increments and I need to establish a more consistent run time there - thinking about running the pump at very low speed over night and keeping the SWCG at 25% for a longer period rather than 50% for a shorter period and having to cut the run short every few days. Not sure how this will impact the pH.

If your TA of the pool is steady, and you say you do not add acid, then you do not add fill water either. The TA will climb with fill water added.

Why will my fill water increase my TA? TA in my pool is between 90-100. TA from my fill is 91. When I add acid the TA drops to 80ish and comes back up slowly with fill. I add acid only to decrease pH. I am fine with a TA of 90-100.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You said you did not add acid. If you add fill water due to evaporation, the TA of the fill water is additive to that in the pool. Since you DO add acid, that is what is keeping your TA stable.

Ahh - no, don't think I said I don't add acid. I do, but just to bring the pH down. Obviously that reduces TA too, but yes, that climbs back with pool fill at 91ppm Alk. Want to go either Stenner pump or CO2 system to avoid both the need to manually add acid AND to maintain a more stable pH, leaving alkalinity alone in my normal range of 90-100.

But you must add acid to keep the TA stable as it will rise from your high TA fill water. CO2 only manages pH. Not TA

Oh yes. The TA does not go away when the water evaporates. It remains in the pool water. Then you add water with TA. So the overall TA level rises.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.