Circupool Smart Flow 1.5 Variable Speed Pump

May 30, 2012
Allentown, PA
Hello, I just upgraded and installed this pump. It seems fantastic and I can't believe how quiet it is and according to the Watt meter it is only using 67 Watts per hour. My question is: Is there any problem with just running the pump on the lowest setting for 24 hours a day. It should turn my pool water over 2 times and add as much FC as the RJ+ needed to keep my FC levels in check. I'm wondering why the pump has built in programs that change the speeds several times a day (if you want to use them). Thanks for any help.

Different speeds allow better skimming and suction side pool cleaners operate best at higher speeds. Also there is a minimum speed to operate a SWG, pool heater and solar heating panel. Each pool is unique in its operating demand and ideal run settings. Pool water turnover is not really a valid concern. Chemical mixing, skimming, pool cleaner operation, chlorine generation and pool heaters are the primary reasons for running your pump.

If the lowest RPM keeps your SWG flow switch happy then you are good.

Some people need higher flow rates for heaters and other equipment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.