circupool-sj45a-salt-chlorine-generator

Hey Tom!
You have made a great decision on a unit rated for over 2X’s your pool volume as is suggested here & I think you’ll be happy with your decision as bigger is usually always better when it comes to swg’s.
There are many happy circupool owners around here so I’m sure some will chime in soon. Also as far as discount salt pool is concerned most are very happy with their customer service experience. Be sure to take advantage of the $1 upgrade sale from the sj-35. When my current set up fails I will definitely be getting a circupool model. As always there can be issues with any product but from what i’ve read here discount salt pool has always made it right for folks if that occurs.
Until you get some other testimonials here’s some more info about the lineup👇
There’s also several threads on the subject like this one👇

Discount Salt Pool is Circupool, so you probably won't find a better source. Highly regarded by forum members.

The unit runs off 240v as well. No need to run 120v.

The cell will only mount horizontally. If you need a vertical mount, use the RJ series.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mdragger88
Great unit, I have had mine for 8 years and love it.... my first cell lasted 7 years :)

Just wire it to your pump timer...

Mine will work all the way down to 60 degrees... they do not work great at that temp and some will only work down to 65 or so, each one has its own set temp...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well I received my order on the Wednesday after ordering on Sunday...super fast shipping. And it sat in the garage because we just had a fantastic turkey hunting season among other things that kept us busy.

We finished hunting yesterday with two nice birds as my youngest daughter shot the boss on our place and a few short seconds later I shot a nice 2 yo hanging with boss man. It left today to get the swg in... so I did.

Went smoothly except for the one joint we forgot to glue...made for great jocularity when I turned the pump on high to get the air bubbles out. Looks better than before and appears to be functioning perfectly. Will have to be testing a lot, currently set at 25%. Thanks for all the comments and advice!

Well I received my order on the Wednesday after ordering on Sunday...super fast shipping. And it sat in the garage because we just had a fantastic turkey hunting season among other things that kept us busy.

We finished hunting yesterday with two nice birds as my youngest daughter shot the boss on our place and a few short seconds later I shot a nice 2 yo hanging with boss man. It left today to get the swg in... so I did.

Went smoothly except for the one joint we forgot to glue...made for great jocularity when I turned the pump on high to get the air bubbles out. Looks better than before and appears to be functioning perfectly. Will have to be testing a lot, currently set at 25%. Thanks for all the comments and advice!
I wonder what I have done differently? I’ve had the control panel and the cell replaced and my water is 68 degrees. The only way I can get it to start working is by pouring hot, very salty water in the skimmer. A new flow switch should be here tomorrow maybe that will fix it. I’m glad to hear you got yours running!

My pool is at 66 right now salt 3500. When I first turned it on I got a low salt light. It had been raining here quite a bit. I tested (2800) and ended up dumping 80 pounds in. I turned on about 30 minutes later. It’s running at 25% right now...how do you test the salt?

Last edited:
My pool is at 66 right now salt 3500. When I first turned it on I got a low salt light. It had been raining here quite a bit. I tested (2800) and ended up dumping 80 pounds in. I turned on about 30 minutes later. It’s running at 25% right now...how do you test the salt?
I am using the Taylor K-1766. DSP seems to think I may have a bad temp sensor in the flow switch, a new one is on the way🤞

Reactions: cowboycasey
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.