CircuPool RJ30 or RJ45?

Jul 24, 2015
STAMFORD, CT
Im debating over the CircuPool RJ30 or RJ45 (Discount Salt Pool sale). I had no plans to go SWG but I was not good with maintaining chlorine last year, and it just makes to much sense for me. I had algae breakouts 1-2 times a month because I was missing days of adding bleach. We only have the pool open 5 months out of the year (live int he northeast). The pool is between 11k-14k gallons. I've been doing research on TFP and it seems the RJ30 would be fine (2x pool size) but im curious if it makes sense to go with the RJ45, its a $100 difference, which may not be a lot, but when the product is $800 to begin with, its a pretty big jump. I was interested in peoples thoughts?

In your situation the RJ30 is large enough. The RJ45 will technically last longer. I assume you will remove the unit in the winter? Might make the system last longer and make getting the larger one more realistic.

You will need a timer for the SWCG as you will not be using automation.

Take care.

Reactions: TimTucker
Im debating over the CircuPool RJ30 or RJ45 (Discount Salt Pool sale). I had no plans to go SWG but I was not good with maintaining chlorine last year, and it just makes to much sense for me. I had algae breakouts 1-2 times a month because I was missing days of adding bleach. We only have the pool open 5 months out of the year (live int he northeast). The pool is between 11k-14k gallons. I've been doing research on TFP and it seems the RJ30 would be fine (2x pool size) but im curious if it makes sense to go with the RJ45, its a $100 difference, which may not be a lot, but when the product is $800 to begin with, its a pretty big jump. I was interested in peoples thoughts?

I was looking at the same thing. I have a 13,500 pool (not set up yet) and it's only $100 more. Are you glad you got the RJ-30 or do you wish you would have gotten the RJ-45?

+1. Upgrading the chlorine production to 2 from 1.5 per 24 hours will mean that the bigger unit will have to run 25% less to produce the same amount of chlorine. That will equate to a 25% longer life. If the entry price is $800 it will only cost 12.5% more ($100) to get 25% longer life which will equate to a $200 savings. Minus your initial investment it still saves you $100 in the long run before you have to replace it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.