Circupool RJ-60 Install question

Loren42

Aug 1, 2022
Florida Space Coast
The manual states to install the salt cell after the pool heater.

However, this does not seem to be a good idea, in my mind.

My solar panels can easily pump out 100°+ water, which is warmer than the upper limit recommended by the manufacture.

Wouldn't installing the cell after the filter be a better choice, or am I missing something?

Usually you have the SWCG installed after the heater due to the higher concentration of chlorine and the fact that the water leaving the SWCG having a higher PH than the water entering the SWCG, which would be harsh on the metal components of a gas/heat pump pool heater.

If your solar heater is made of metal tubing, I wouldn't place the SWCG before the heater. If the solar heater has no metal components, it should be fine to place the SWCG before the solar heater.

To confirm this I would contact CircuPool support, in my experience they have been very responsive to any questions I have asked.

That seems a bit high for solar temp output.
My understanding is the temp of the return water from solar should only be a few degrees warmer than the pool water.
What rpm is the pump running when solar is active?

Solar is off right now, but the pump runs at 35 GPM. This is Florida and the sun is pretty intense. I've seen close to 100° F from the outlet pipe on the pool wall, so it is going to be hotter than that at the point where it starts to go underground.

I've had the pool itself easily hit 90°.

Try adjusting the solar or the pump rpm so you are only seeing a maximum temperature differential of maybe 4 degrees.

Maybe @mas985 has some thoughts on this.

The SWG is supposed to be the last item before the water returns to the pool - so after the pump, filter and any type of heater.

What rpm is the pump running at to get the 35gpm?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.