Circupool RJ-45+ vs Edge-40

Hi all, I am gonna pull the trigger on one of these SWGs NLT tomorrow when the upgrade for $10 sale expires on discountsaltpool.com . The RJ-45 produces 2 lbs CL vs 1.7 lbs by Edge. The RJ-45 displays salt level where the Edge 40 doesn't. The Edge-40 cell replacement cost is $380 and RJ-45 is $539. With the current sale the RJ-45 is $1029 and the Edge-40 is $909. My pool is 19K gallons and I have a 1.25 hp constant velocity pump. In this case I'm not concerned about the $120 difference - I am just wondering which is the better unit and looking for opinions/suggestions.

BTW, I was registered on this site long ago and all my registration info disappeared so it appears as if I'm a new member.

I bought the edge after going back and forth. The RJ shows salt and temp numbers which didn’t matter to me. Edge has low salt and low temp light. I use a Taylor 1766 salt test kit.
The Edge seems to operate differently, the RJ when set to 50% runs wide open for 90 minutes of 180. The edge set at 50% runs at 50% production 180 minutes.
Does it matter, not sure but I like the fact it’s one all the time.
I have 22000 pool and still experimenting with the setting but seems to like being at 3/8 power but I run my pump 24 hours on low speed

I also liked the Core :) but it was a little too much. I asked Discount salt and one guy said Edge one guy said RJ :)
The Edge is a "newer" version which is what helped me make up my mind..
Either one will work, I have debated with folks salt number vs light and my opinion your car has a oil light and if your salt is between 2800 and 4500 it works :)

How long you normally run your pump? I recently got RJ-45 system but I haven't got it installed yet. I decided to go with RJ model because it allows you to set your chlorine production in 5% increasement vs. 12.5% or 15% on other models. You can always adjust your pump running time as well, but I wanted most flexibility and it seems to be only available on RJ model.

I have a water fall and run mine 24 hours a day at 1800 rpm or 3.5 psi. It was holding at 3.5 at 1 bar and 5.5 at 2 but I think I kept it too low and now have algae trying to take over :(
I noticed it was at 2 one morning. Going to see if I can get liquid chlorine and do a SLAM
I take the blame, tried leaving the chlorine as low as I could at 3

I was making a similar choice two weeks ago between the EDGE-25 and the RJ20+ for my 11k gallon pool. Eventually decided on the EDGE, due to upfront cost, cell replacement cost, newer generation cell (I think), and significantly smaller size of the control unit. The main advantages of the RJ series seem to be 5% increments instead of 12.5%, and the inclusion of an inaccurate salt meter.

Reactions: markayash
I learned the hard way how to use the 1766..I kept getting different readings and added more salt..When I slide it it's consistent and my salt is 4100 :( More then I want but still OK
swirling it was 2800 and I as about to add more but knew that didn't sound correct

Not advertising for this guy just like his demo

Reactions: tcat

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I put mine on super chlorinate for 24 hours and now my levels are stable even after I went back to 2 bars.
My lesson is stay on the high side of the recommended range not what I can get by with :( May have been OK if we didn't have a lot of rain and tree cover

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.