Circuit Board Aquarite Goldline SWG

Install the fuse, jump the legs together and see if the display comes on and gives you diagnostic readings.

Leave the switch in the Off position until you get the new thermistor installed.

When the new thermistor comes in, install it and you should be good to go if the display readings are good.
Thanks for your reply. I'm assuming that I need to turn switch on to see if display/diagnostic readings show, and once they are shown (if they are), then I should immediately turn the switch off. Am I anywhere near correct?

OK. Will give this a go and post again.
It works!!!! All diagnostics show on display panel. "Thank you" is an understatement. No way would I have ever been able to do this without your help. You helped me add a dimension of knowledge I've always avoided because anything to do with electricity is intimidating. Seems it was the fuse all along. Next step will be to solder (also an intimidating skill) in new thermistor. So for want of a better term: Many, many thanks!

Reactions: JamesW
There are plenty of videos on YouTube about soldering and desoldering that should be helpful. Mostly, you just heat up the solder with the soldering iron and suck it out. Install the new thermistor and solder it in place.

That brings up the question about why the fuse failed.

One thing that can cause the fuse to blow is if you add salt while the cell is on.

Did you add salt right before the fuse went out?

That brings up the question about why the fuse failed.

One thing that can cause the fuse to blow is if you add salt while the cell is on.

Did you add salt right before the fuse went out?
I'm not 100% certain, but I don't think so. I'd read somewhere about this same thing. I did inspect & clean the cell, though, before the fuse went out.

Reactions: JamesW

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The board seems odd in that it does not have the heat sink pads?

Will the AS32 thermistor fit any of the two silver spot?

For example, can you use an existing used spot and an unused spot?

It seems like some combination would work with the AS32 thermistor.

mainboard-jpg.170156
At TH1 (lower right corner in photo) are bare terminals for thermistor. Right next to them are holes, but they are soldered closed. Can they be unsoldered & a new thermistor installed in those holes?

At TH1 (lower right corner in photo) are bare terminals for thermistor. Right next to them are holes, but they are soldered closed. Can they be unsoldered & a new thermistor installed in those holes?
I think that the two holes right next to the existing legs can be used for the thermistor. Those are the holes that I thought might take the AS32 thermistor.

You should be able to remove the existing legs or use the unused holes.

Get some needlenose pliers and gently pull on the leg while heating the base of the leg with the soldering iron.

Or, you can use the new holes. Just heat the solder and vacuum it out while it's liquid.

I think that the two holes right next to the existing legs can be used for the thermistor. Those are the holes that I thought might take the AS32 thermistor.
You should be able to remove the existing legs or use the unused holes.
Those holes right next to the existing legs are predrilled to take the SL32 thermistor. But yes, you can use either the existing or the unused holes whichever is convenient for you.
Keep in mind the original thermistor is 25mm in dia as compared to the SL32 at 31mm in dia.

New SL 32 thermistor soldered into place. Upon replacing wires (I doubled checked: all colored wires & in the right colored terminals) & turning unit on, I get: 1) no display; 2) all LED lights quick-flashing in unison; and 3) a loud tick-tock type sound. Still no function. I am at complete loss.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.