Dallas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
So earlier this year the circupool rj60 blew a fuse. Replaced the fuse twice and it continued to blow.

1) Called them up and they said I can fix it myself and they'll send me the part to replace for 50 dollars.

2) Replace the part and the device didn't recognize the cell.

3) Called and mailed it to them for another 50 dollars and some other number based on the warranty to get it repaired.

4) Recieved it back and it didn't work. Called and told me to flip a switch that they forgot to flip and began working...

A month later... fuse blew...

Opened it up and there were 3 or 4 small black boxes attached to different areas of the board (figured the board logic failed or something).

So do I send this thing back to them again, or do I just chuck this entire thing and go for something like a hayward? The cell is maybe 3 years into its 7 year lifespan. I'm a little more than annoyed that this device (which I kept sheltered in a pool hut), seems to not want to cooperate anymore.

A few notes: Yes electricity is clean, even replaced the timers and cabinet that electrical was in as a "just in case".

I'll probably send it back but a little annoyed. What would you do? I'm about .. 300 dollars into repairs on this and the only thing I can see that can be done is to replace the entire board. I'm debating going another 300 dollars into this but it maybe better for me to just buy a new system... Thoughts?

@RJ-45 posts the pic below showing some of the Circupool boards he has replaced.

Hayward has their own share of issues. I think the Pentair IntelliChlor is the least trouble SWG.

full

Well I figure that something outside, sealed, will eventually go bad. I’ll call them today. Priced out a new one and it’s about 1500.

I’ve had nothing but problems with my Circupool RJ60. A couple of times a got it to work for a few months then it stops. As I type this it is not operating yet again. It is so bad and fails so often that I’ve had to use liquid chlorine for the past year. I’m beyond fed up with this garbage device and will never buy another Circupool device.

So thought I’d circle around about this.

So what broke seemed to be the salt cell itself. They gave me a warranty discount for a replacement and the pools chugging along.

thanks everybody. Just got a bit irritated about this, but stuff breaks from time to time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.