Chris From Central California

Good thing I read pool school on how to test. I needed Calcium Plus so I went to Leslie's to buy 25 lbs. I brought in a water sample just to compare. He said my TA was too low and I needed to but 15 lbs of Alkalinity. Then he said my CYA was 60, my FC was 7 and I needed to buy that Phosfate Crud! I just laughed and bought what I came to buy and saved over $150! You guys and this site rock!

BTW, I only put in 20 lbs of calcium and I will retest tomorrow.

MonsterPoolMan said:
My CH is now 220 (going to *** 5 more lbs) but my CYA jumped to 45! Getting better.............
Did you add more CYA, have different lighting, or maybe have CYA you added that is just now showing up on the test? When was the last time you added CYA and when was the previous CYA measurement taken?

Sent via Tapatalk...

UnderWaterVanya said:
MonsterPoolMan said:
My CH is now 220 (going to *** 5 more lbs) but my CYA jumped to 45! Getting better.............
Did you added more CYA, have different lighting, or maybe have CYA you added that is just now showing up on the test? When was the last tome you added CYA and even was the previous CYA measurement taken?

Sent via Tapatalk...

Tuesday was the last time I add liquid, so maybe it is just showing up. I have lots of solution so I will test on Saturday again.

The reason your CSI dropped in spite of the higher CH is that you used a much lower temperature. In your previous calculation from this post, it looks like you used a temperature of 84ºF to get your CSI of -0.35, but with your newer CH and CYA numbers AT THAT SAME TEMPERATURE would give a CSI of -0.16. At the lower 56ºF temperature, the CSI is -0.41. It's the colder water temperature that is lowering the CSI.

chem geek said:
The reason your CSI dropped in spite of the higher CH is that you used a much lower temperature. In your previous calculation from this post, it looks like you used a temperature of 84ºF to get your CSI of -0.35, but with your newer CH and CYA numbers AT THAT SAME TEMPERATURE would give a CSI of -0.16. At the lower 56ºF temperature, the CSI is -0.41. It's the colder water temperature that is lowering the CSI.

Whew, so it's good......!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
MonsterPoolMan said:
chem geek said:

Whew, so it's good......!
I think it is still a problem.

Sent via Tapatalk...