choosing pebble tech/sheen finish any photos would be appreciated.

all4boys

Apr 24, 2022
Baltimore
If anyone could post pics of pebble tech or pebble sheen finishes in their home pool we would appreciate the help. Tahoe blue, blue surf, aqua blue are 3 we have strongly considered but in some pics they look more green than blue. the pebble tech site has pics but they vary greatly from Live Photos. We appreciate any input anyone may have this decision seems to be the most difficult part of the process!

I'll post some pics to your Tahoe Blue request in the other thread, but one thing you might consider as we learned; you are not buying "a" color. You are getting the range depicted.

I too thought the PT Tahoe Blue section contained many different colors and a poor representation for choosing color, but actually, it's showing you samples of every color you can expect from the same pool on any given situation of lighting and effects to lighting, sans the one pic with the blue LED. I can attest that though we get predominately a clear blue on bright days, with morning, evening, overcast, full sun..... we get every one of those colors on the site at some point and over the same day or angle you look at in relation to the sun.

To sum up that color, it's anywhere from aqua-blue to clear true-blue on any given time of day, and, every once in awhile, a tint of turquoise.

Last edited:
Aqua Blue with shimmering sea added. We wanted to go with a deeper blue (perhaps Blue Granite or Blue Surf), but our pool is only 5ft deep at its deepest point and those colors appeared more grayish in the shallows. We were also concerned about the Texas sun heating up the pool too much with a darker color. Happy with our decision--ranges from a powdery blue when overcast to a crisp light blue in sunlight. I am including a close-up of the spa bench, so you can see the color in the shallows with calm water, as well as a shot of the sun shelf (with some feet in it). ;) The nighttime picture is certainly not representative, but we were very curious what different plasters would look like when lit by colored LEDs, so maybe you will find it helpful (answer: every color except yellow looks wonderful; predictably, the yellow just looks green).

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

We chose the Mini Sand Pebble with Puerto Rican Blend Large. I absolutely love the color it gives the water, it looks like the water in Mykonos, Greece. Excuse the backyard, we have the back stamped concrete going in next week. 798E7A93-CED9-4FB7-BD71-D79149B660CF.jpeg798E7A93-CED9-4FB7-BD71-D79149B660CF.jpeg89C4BA86-6AF9-423B-9D25-049C505A9F73.jpeg9EC00E50-841D-4320-ABBF-6A0E17DFFB13.jpeg74C025E3-E1D6-4AEC-9FBC-2B40EDDB0FB9.jpeg

Attachments

• ECF28FA6-6483-49E5-8BBF-5CF3832150C2.jpeg
    ECF28FA6-6483-49E5-8BBF-5CF3832150C2.jpeg
    437.2 KB · Views: 24
  • AC3F055E-3355-4822-A456-7EB453CC7159.jpeg
    AC3F055E-3355-4822-A456-7EB453CC7159.jpeg
    450.5 KB · Views: 26
Thank you for the pics it really helps! I love the color of your water! What is the depth of your pool? ours is from 3.5'-9' so I know the water won't be as blue in the deeper end. just curious if yours has a deep end being I love the color! Thank you for helping me thru the process!!

Have you seen this thread:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Aqua Blue with shimmering sea added. We wanted to go with a deeper blue (perhaps Blue Granite or Blue Surf), but our pool is only 5ft deep at its deepest point and those colors appeared more grayish in the shallows. We were also concerned about the Texas sun heating up the pool too much with a darker color. Happy with our decision--ranges from a powdery blue when overcast to a crisp light blue in sunlight. I am including a close-up of the spa bench, so you can see the color in the shallows with calm water, as well as a shot of the sun shelf (with some feet in it). ;) The nighttime picture is certainly not representative, but we were very curious what different plasters would look like when lit by colored LEDs, so maybe you will find it helpful (answer: every color except yellow looks wonderful; predictably, the yellow just looks green).

View attachment 405219View attachment 405220View attachment 405221View attachment 405222View attachment 405223
Thank you for the photos! Your pool looks awesome!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.