Caret VA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-25
I purchased a 21x52 Saltwater AGP. My pump is the AquaPro 1.5hp 2 speed. The pump does not have its own timer for the 2 speeds. Do you have a recommendation for a timer, which is needed for the saltwater generator? From reading the forum, it sounds like I need one that has SPST in order to use both speeds. I have a vac that will run independently. Should I run the pump on low all the time or switch from low to high?
My electrician is suggesting a separate 220 hookup for the entire pool setup. I'm looking for advice on how to run the system economically! Thanks so much.

Reactions: proavia
Thank so much for responding. To save on electric cost, is it advantageous to use the pump on the lowest speed most of the time? Pool has not gone up yet, the timer is the last piece to the puzzle!
This timer has been the biggest hurdle! Seems like a lot of cost for a small above ground pool. But I did choose a pump with 2 speeds so in order to use both speeds it appears I need a special timer to make it happen. I suppose I could just buy a cheaper timer and if I need to use the higher speed, I could just change it manually. Any feedback is most appreciated!

Thank so much for responding. To save on electric cost, is it advantageous to use the pump on the lowest speed most of the time?

Yes.

Pool has not gone up yet, the timer is the last piece to the puzzle!
This timer has been the biggest hurdle! Seems like a lot of cost for a small above ground pool. But I did choose a pump with 2 speeds so in order to use both speeds it appears I need a special timer to make it happen. I suppose I could just buy a cheaper timer and if I need to use the higher speed, I could just change it manually.

That eliminates one of the two timers and makes you the manual controller of speeds.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.