Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Choosing a test kit-

I am thinking about getting the

Taylor Service Complete Pool Water Test Kit K-2006C off Amazon.​

Fist is this a good kit and second, is there an expiration to these reagents bc I don't want to get old stock if they expire quickly.

I am using strips on a chorine pool. Is there a better way to go?

Fist is this a good kit
It is a great kit.
second, is there an expiration to these reagents bc I don't want to get old stock if they expire quickly.
They are good for about two years but there are no promises how long it sat on a shelf, or shelves if it was resold before getting to you.

The TF-Pro from tftestkits.net is garaunteed fresh and comes with a $44 stirring device for about $10 more.

That is one of the only two kits that we suggest. It is perfect for the TFP method.

Throw the test strips away. They are completely unreliable and will only have you questioning the results from the drop test kit.

Stay out of the pool stores as well. You will have the best test kit and most reliable results available.

Who do you guys test for phosphates with this kit?
From what I have read, phosphates are the food for Algae and it should be controlled. I have been using Orenda PR10,000 with great success in keeping them under 100 but I am reliant on the Leslie pool store test. I was hoping this kit would allow me to quit going to the store.

Who do you guys test for phosphates with this kit
You will religiously follow the FC/CYA Levels

If you don't allow algae to grow in the first place, the amount of algae food is irrelevant. I liken it to Petco and all the aisles of dog food. It's never once produced a dog to eat it. Leave the doors open and empty all the cans on thr floor (go below minimum FC) and all of a sudden you have to care. But we don't have that care here. You won't either.

Phosphates are not measured or controlled in the TFP method. If you have no algae in the first place, it doesn't matter how much food there is for them to eat.

Reactions: Bperry and jeffchap
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.