Chlorine test procedure

Apr 1, 2016
Twin Cities, MN
I have the TFP test kit... as I’ve been slamming, I noticed that after adding the powder and mixing when I’m adding the reagent, the water will clear and then slowly drift back to very light pink. If I add enough reagent it obviously goes completely clear and doesn’t drift.

Am I right to give it some time to potentially drift back before taking my reading and moving to the CC test?

Once it goes clear, it's time to take that reading. Note: It may drift back to pink if you let it sit there for a while. When I test for FC (and it turns clear), I then take my reading. I then, immediately test for CC because the pink will start to creep up on you if you let it sit there for a while.

I have the TFP test kit... as I’ve been slamming, I noticed that after adding the powder and mixing when I’m adding the reagent, the water will clear and then slowly drift back to very light pink. If I add enough reagent it obviously goes completely clear and doesn’t drift.

Am I right to give it some time to potentially drift back before taking my reading and moving to the CC test?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.