Chlorine Test Color as a Function of Concentration

At this point this project is mainly a fun project that might make life easier.
Those are the best projects. I’ve done plenty myself, even if they weren’t needed, just for the fun or to be able to say I did. Carry on and we’ll happily await the results. *makes popcorn*

Reactions: Smiles79 and Dirk
Doesn't your SWCG nearly guarantee that?
Yes, which is why I joked I don't need one for the day-to-day laziness, my SWG covers that. And I set up my automation (acid, too) just so that I could leave, but I haven't tried it for more than a few days, yet (geez, I gotta get outta the house!). But "nearly guarantee" are the key words. I know I'll be, uh, anxious about its reliability when I go for a week or more. I have a pool cam to cover water loss and algae outbreak, so that's my backup. But another layer of redundancy, even for just measuring FC if not dosing (pH, too), would be nice to have. I've just learned my future might hold some extended trips, so I'll be putting what I have in place to the test...

I have a fairly stable environment, but I do get temp swings and the occasional dead animal. Either or both together could trash the FC. And of course the gopher will fall in an hour after I leave, so that he can stew the entire time, as per Murphy's Law.

Last edited:
but I do get temp swings and the occasional dead animal. Either or both together could trash the FC. And of course the gopher will fall in an hour after I leave, so that he can stew the entire time, as per Murphy's Law.
I learned that bunnies can’t swim this year. :(
And frogs drown eventually. Who knew ?

• Sad
Reactions: Dirk
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.