Chlorine sensitivity and small children?

imalittleturt said:
Could a high PH effect a child's skin? The PH was on the border of 7.7-7.8 when she swam last.

I did not even think of this when you first posted, but I have twice let my PH get to high 8.2 :oops: (I know, bad Poolidiot) And both times after I would take a swim I would have a rash. And when I would swim for the 1st time after lowering my PH I would have no rash, So I would say a high PH could (and in my case probably did) effect a child's skin.(even an OLD child :? ) Any way, glad your child is now able to swim rash free.

Glad to hear your daughter is currently not reaction anymore to the pool water. My 5 year old niece doesn't react to the pool water, but does react to certain sunscreens. Rashes and hive-like raised bumps on her arms mainly. She has to use lotions with zinc oxide. No problems since last year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.