Chlorine question

Syracuse76

Jun 3, 2019
Virginia Beach
As I am digging deeper into this site, i am realizing that i would like to switch over to Liquid Chlorine. I've always used a Floater chlorinator and then just shock when needed. I mean if reading this stuff correct I can use the liquid for maintaining lvls or shocking? Also does anyone see anything wrong with still keeping the floater in there with a couple tabs or does that defeat the purpose?

Here at TFP we have no problems with folks using floaters as long as they're aware of *what they're putting in their pool*. Too many are not aware that the floater also provides additional stabilizer (CYA) with the chlorine.

If your testing shows you have room for more CYA in the water- go for it! I believe the math is something like for every 10ppm FC you're also adding like 9ppm of CYA. That can be kinda shocking, y'know?

A lot depends on where in the country you are and the length of your swimming season, how much water replacement you get in the off season or rain (like in FL) which often fills your pool and requires some draining.

(Some pucks like all the Clorox XtraBlue contain dreaded copper. Never add copper... no bueno!)

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.