Chlorine / Pool Bleach

dw9000

Aug 17, 2014
NW Ohio
I see my local Menards store has their 12.5% pool shock at 2.99. Normally 3.99/gal but on sale an .37 mail in rebate.

I've used this over the past 5 years and have had very good success with it.

extra_large

I wish we had a Menards! I have a friend who drove several hours to one just to get the siding he wanted because it saved him so much $$ vs Home Depot/ Lowes.

Seriously. Why do I have no good stores like this? No Mendards, no Ocean State Job Lot. Curse you Central PA!! If I could get 12.5% for $2.99, I'd buy like 30 gallons of that stuff.

I've used it for years too, and never had any problems with it. I really miss the BOGO sale they used to have season up to 2020 :):). I'll be loading up 16 cases this weekend!! For less than 200.00 I can run the entire season.

Reactions: dw9000
Seriously. Why do I have no good stores like this? No Mendards, no Ocean State Job Lot. Curse you Central PA!! If I could get 12.5% for $2.99, I'd buy like 30 gallons of that stuff.
If it helps, Ocean State is up to $4.49/gallon this spring.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scout101
If it helps, Ocean State is up to $4.49/gallon this spring.
Are you sure? Check availability and price here.
I paid $4.99 yesterday. Truly disappointing after paying $2.99 for 10 years. So glad that I switch to a SWCG a couple of years ago. Now just need a few gallons for start-up and supplementing on occasion .

I just paid $4.60 a gallon for this old mess from Wally World- it was grocery pick up so I couldn’t choose dates. I don’t think it matters as they have all been old every time I looked so far this spring 😩 hopefully it will get me to slam level & then my swg will take over after that. Pool looks great upon opening but gonna raise to slam & do an oclt to be certain while my cya is low.
BA791442-5FDF-412A-ADA7-480B783ED1CF.jpeg

I don’t wanna say there was never a shortage but it looks to me like they were definitely holding reserves & not putting it on the shelves with all the old chlorine I’m now seeing at lowes, Home Depot & Walmart.

I don’t wanna say there was never a shortage but it looks to me like they were definitely holding reserves & not putting it on the shelves with all the old chlorine I’m now seeing at lowes, Home Depot & Walmart.
I went to walmart and all they had was this old stuff on the shelves. Even though it was .40 more expensive per bottle, I bought fresher stuff at Ollies with March and April 2022 dates. It stinks and I haven't been able to convert the hubs to SWG status yet. That $1500 upfront cost is a real turn off.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.