Chlorine or SWG

For example I run my pump 24/7, have a IC40 for a 10k gallon pool and was having to run 30% salt cell at the peak of Houston summer even with 70+ CYA. For a 22k pool and an IC40 you’d be running 24/7 at 60% cell or 15 hours at 100%. Roughly….

Reactions: hexabc
I'm targeting 60 which I should be able to achieve tomorrow.
What's the TA and CH of your fill water? There's no rush to get your TA down. It will come down with pH management MA additions.

Would the IC60 be required for 22K gal in Texas?
IC60 would be desired. You get a lot more lifetime FC production with a small price difference compared to the IC40. Is the SWCG transformer built into your EasyTouch?

What's the TA and CH of your fill water?
I ran tests on water direct from the fill line:
TA 180
CH 120

Is the SWCG transformer built into your EasyTouch?
I’m not sure, but I would like to find out. I see the LED hole for the IntelliChlor in the low voltage panel, but it’s empty. What do I look for to verify, and can I add it if missing?

Edit: Some searching seems to indicate there is a replacement transformer, so I suspect I would be able to add it to the Easy Touch without having to purchase the power center. My Easy Touch is ~12 years old at this point. Are these all backwards compatible?

Last edited:
Edit: Some searching seems to indicate there is a replacement transformer, so I suspect I would be able to add it to the Easy Touch without having to purchase the power center. My Easy Touch is ~12 years old at this point. Are these all backwards compatible?
N,

Not quite... There is a lot more to it that just a transformer.. You would need.

Transformer
Circuit breaker
Surge card (power supply)
Cable from surge card to bottom of EasyTouch
Cables from surge card to circuit breaker
RS-485 Cable from EasyTouch's main card to the surge card.

I suspect it would cost less to just buy the external Power Center.

Thanks,

Jim R.

N,

Not quite... There is a lot more to it that just a transformer.. You would need.

Transformer
Circuit breaker
Surge card (power supply)
Cable from surge card to bottom of EasyTouch
Cables from surge card to circuit breaker
RS-485 Cable from EasyTouch's main card to the surge card.

I suspect it would cost less to just buy the external Power Center.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Makes sense. Thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.