Chlorine not changing? Test results included.

traustic

Jun 29, 2018
Abilene, Texas
Test Results:
FC 9
CC 0
Ph 7.2
TA 130
CYA 70
Salt 3900

Water is pristine.

Solar cover used. I know it keeps chlorine from dropping as much but I'm trying to keep the temp up in the pool. I don't think it's the reason chlorine hasn't changed at all.

I had the chlorine generator off for 4 days straight and not a single drop in chlorine. Just took the cover off to see if anything changes. My TA does seem high and needs a drop of 40. From what I remember dropping the TA is going to make my Ph crash.

Suggestions?

I wouldn't worry too much about your FC holding. It will fall soon enough with pool use and the TX sun. As for the TA, I would leave it for now as well since your pH is on the low end. If later you find the pH rising really fast through each week then you can address the TA, but for now it's fine. Enjoy. :swim:

Reactions: Saturn94
Your cover is limiting the UV rays in the water. UV chews up chlorine.
Its okay to keep it covered, but you should remove it every few days to let off any trapped gasses the cover is holding in.
Thats what I have to do with my autocover.

Maddie ⛳ happy! happy! Its The Masters week!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.