Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi all

Opened the pool a couple weeks ago. Just starting the tfp approach.

I have a swg and an automatic pool cover. The pool stays covered when not in use. I do try to open it up once a day just to air it out.

My chlorine goal is 4 generally. It seems that every time I check the pool I’m at 3. Still an ok number. The swg is set to 10%. This is higher than I have had it set in the past.

So I guess my question is. If I test my pool after sunset. And it’s 3 Fc. Shouldn’t the Fc be higher if I check it at sunset the next day having not opened it? Is my salt cell starting to go? I used to keep the swg at like 4%.

Just a bit confused as to what is happening.

Hey!

Do what @mknauss is suggesting.

Some further thoughts for you...

First you should be targeting 5-7 FC. I'd stay at the top of this range, 7, until you get to know your pool. Minimum is Lava...you are flirting with Algae...if you have a bit more demand and slip below 3...algae city.

In general SWCG don't raise FC really well. If you are at 3, for whatever reason, raise it to your target (7) with liquid chlorine and maintain it with SWCG.

And it’s 3 Fc. Shouldn’t the Fc be higher if I check it at sunset the next day having not opened it? Is my salt cell starting to go? I used to keep the swg at like 4%.
It depends on how much chlorine your salt cell produces, how long you run the cell, and your pool FC demand (even with a cover during the day it will consume FC).

Reactions: Mdragger88
Hey!

Do what @mknauss is suggesting.

Some further thoughts for you...

First you should be targeting 5-7 FC. I'd stay at the top of this range, 7, until you get to know your pool. Minimum is Lava...you are flirting with Algae...if you have a bit more demand and slip below 3...algae city.

In general SWCG don't raise FC really well. If you are at 3, for whatever reason, raise it to your target (7) with liquid chlorine and maintain it with SWCG.

It depends on how much chlorine your salt cell produces, how long you run the cell, and your pool FC demand (even with a cover during the day it will consume FC).
I run my pump 24/7.

i have kind of been doing that. everytime I check the level its at 3. I have not been raising it because we havent been using it over the week. every time I check it fc 3 and cc .5
While not adding any chlorine? Then what is the issue?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.