Silver Supporter
May 23, 2020
Dallas, GA, United States
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Sooooo I had my TF Test Kit a year and a half and I knew it was needing replacement as the chlorine test powder was hard but we were still using it as we were likely moving. Long story short we ended up accidentally leaving our test kit out in the sun while we were away for two weeks and decided it’s time to replace it as that can’t be good.

We finally got the new one and did a new test and whoaa chlorine!!! We thought the test was broken but our chlorine level finally turned clear after 64 drops for a FC of 32 and 0 for CC.

LESSON LEARNED: Replace your kit annually!

QUESTION:
Turns out we are moving and only have three weeks left to enjoy the pool. Is it safe to swim at levels that high if we don’t put our heads in the water or wear goggles? We have drained the water a bit and are adding water from the hose too. Any tips so we can get a couple swims in before the big move?

thank you in advance

Your reported CYA of 50 says you are safe up to 20 ppm. It should drop pretty quickly. Or, if you wish, you can get hydrogen peroxide to lower the FC.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.