Chlorine Issues

Jul 8, 2018
Boca Raton, fl
I am having issues maintaining Chlorine in my pool. I have a Hayward Turbocell swim pure extreme. It’s only 5 months old, I’ve tested it at the pool store and it passed. My chemicals and sale are perfect. I can only generate chlorine on super chlorinate then it burns off the next day when I put my system back to 100% for 9 hrs. This is very frustrating. Any ideas what could be the issue?

You most likely need to follow the SLAM Process. To do that, you need a proper test kit, see Test Kits Compared. I suggest the TF-100 A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.

Once you get your kit, post up your test results. Then do a Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to check for organics in your pool water.

Could I run my super chlorinate for say 72 hrs straight and achieve the same thing?
IF your CYA level is 70, that makes your SLAM level FC 28 ppm. Your SWCG cannot achieve that and, as per the SLAM Process article, should be turned off during the process.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.