Chlorine Drop Test

I just read the slam process...to get my fc up to 14-16, good lord at the gallons of bleach i eould need to add... seems like 1 gallon or 2 per number for me! That would be tons of bleach. Am I reading that correct?

I thought this was as easy as adding bleach....not so simple. This is fresh water too....

When was pool filled?

If you keep the FC in range, then you will not get algae and your will never have to SLAM the pool.

In a 22k pool, each 121oz 8.25% bleach will add 3.6 ppm of FC. A normal clean pool will lose ~2-4ppm of FC each day, so you are looking at adding about 1 jug of bleach per day.

Get a SWG ;)

It does not matter the source of the FC, you will need to add that much each day ... bleach is the cheapest way to add it and does not have the side-effects of the solid forms of chlorine.

That should still be <$100 / mo in the summer ... losses are less during the spring/fall/winter.

FYI, the SWG generally ends up being about the same cost ... you just have to pay it all upfront for the system and then a new cell every 3-7 years.

Dave,
Um, kinda? The pool people have not trying me and still have not finished small jobs around our pool. I assumed they would take care of Maintenance until at least they trained me. The Monday after July 4th I took my water to their store and they told me it was perfect. I have also asked them to add me to their weekly maintenance schedule until they can come out and train me. They were supposed to be out by the end of this week to finish up and train us but they are a no-show. Don't put too much hope and what they say now I just want my pool finished!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.