Chlorine Demand Issue - still have white, cloudy water

Our FC is down by 10-12 ppm. We removed the bac pac a couple of days ago. Looks like things are settling down. The water is much less cloudy, though not yet toally clear. I think we might be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel or the botom of the pool in the deep end!
Thanks for all the support and help!

Annrepka, We too have a Desjoyaux pool and live in the Mt. Airy area. We love this pool so much and it is usually little maintenance and much reward. We have had our pool for 7 years now and this is the 1st year where we have had any problem. Our water is starting to clear up but i still can't see in the bottom of the deep end. Normally it is crystal clear and this is eating at me! What did you finally do to clear your pool up? We opened it 2 weeks ago on a Monday and it was beautiful water. Cleaned out the leaves that day. We have an automatic pool covered it that evening. I didn't yet have the chemicals and was going to go on Thursday to get them...
Opened the pool back up on Tuesday to look at it (left it open) and by Wed evening the pool went from looking clear to a greenish tint. I went to a little pool store in our area and grabbed some of their products to clear out the algae"-banish" and I shocked the pool- followed the instructions on the bottle. If pool wasn't better in a 2-4 days I was to retreat as I did previously. Retreated and NOW the chlorine is way too high on the strips. Went to another (our usual pool store) had water tested and due to the chlorine being too high they couldn't tell us too much other than to add Alkalinity since it was really low. Well now I see more of the bottom of the pool but Chlorine is still too high. I wanted the kids to be able to swim over the weekend so I have a day or 2 before they get a chance to and I was wondering HOW LONG did it take your pool to finally clear up? I keep cleaning the filter bags every other day.
Thanks for any help in advance.
Brenspool

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.