Chlorine Cleaner shuts it's self off

cwzoch

Jan 2, 2017
Lincoln, TX
I'm having an issue with my Chlorinator. I'm using an IC40 that's about 15 months old. The problem started about a week ago. I can turn the pool off and flip the breakers off, completely shutting down the system. Then I flip the breakers on and start the pool pump.

Current water temp is 63.

The chlorinator has the following settings after start up:
- Sanitizer Output 60%
- Chlorinator Status
Cell Green
Flow Green
Cold Water Light not blinking

At first I see the following:
Flow - Green
Salt Level – flashing Green/Red for about 2 minutes

After about 2 minutes, the salt level lights change to a flashing green light (Flow still green).

Then after 3-4 minutes, the chlorinator shuts off (restart of system continues to run without issue).

Not sure what to do. Add salt or drain/re-add some water?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!!

Just wanted to say Welcome to TFP... A really great pool resource... :lovetfp:

Not sure I can help with your problem as it is a little unusual, but I do have a couple of questions that might help others...

1. You say the "cold water" light is not blinking... I show this to be a red light that comes on when the unit is in cold water shut off mode. Is this light on or off?

2. Do you know the actual salt level in your pool by testing? (Other than want the IC-40 says)

3. When is the last time you have taken the IC-40 out and inspected the plates inside?

4. When you say "After 3-4 minutes, the chlorinator shuts off" What shuts off? Do all the light just go out? What actually happens?

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.