North Dallas, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Any reason to have both installed? I have used chlorine tablets when winter temps are low but really don't see the need for the Chlorine feeder. Any reason not to have it installed? I could just run it empty right?

It is better to use a floater in your pool for tabs when necessary. A chlorine feeder in the pool plumbing can expose your equipment to unnecessary acid and damage the heater.

You don't need both.

Reactions: rellumd
R,

You DO NOT want the IntelliFlo with SVRS.. All the other IntelliFlo pumps are great, the SVRS one is a giant pain.. I know because I let my pool builder talk me into it.. :(

You do not need a tab feeder and I see no reason to install one.

Thanks,

Jim R.

R,

You DO NOT want the IntelliFlo with SVRS.. All the other IntelliFlo pumps are great, the SVRS one is a giant pain.. I know because I let my pool builder talk me into it.. :(

You do not need a tab feeder and I see no reason to install one.

Thanks,

Jim R.
I have Switched to Intelliflo VSF - Hope this works out perfectly - Thanks for the heads up

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimrahbe
Last winter I used tabs in a floater since I was a new fill and didnt have to worry about CYA.

This winter I'm using a combo of liquid chlorine and tabs in the floater. As others have said, no need for a chlorine feeder.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.