"Chlorine Block"

Jem,

You can look at my Pool Logs and easily see that Rain has little or no effect on my Pool Water. 3 days ago, I had to fill my pool with hose water for 2 hours because we were having a bit of a drought and water had evaporated. Since then, we have had torrential downpours (of course). I just finished testing my water and was sure to check the CYA in case it had been diluted. As you can see even with filling the pool and strong rains, my pool chemistry has hardly changed in 1 week. Of course my pool is almost 20K, but yours is 15K so fairly similar. Now if I had a 8K pool, then the rains may make a slight difference. :)

The rain water itself won't have a big impact. If a rain storm comes with a big dump of leaves or dirt and dust, that can create additional chlorine demand. All the more reason to keep adding chlorine when it's raining.

GM. I just wanted to update. I feel like I'm doing something wrong. I test the water 3 to 4 times a day and add shock to bring it up to the slam level. Ive been doing this since July 13th and it seems I keep on having to add shock which means to me that I still have algae in the pool. It's been 18 days already. Tje pool water is almost crystal clear. There are some leaves and stuff on the bottom because we had a big storm come thru but that's getting vacuumed up. The poll is clean at night, then I adjust the chlorine for the night and the next morning there is some dirt agsin in the bottom. Am I doing something wrong? Today the FC was 8.5 so Im adding a little over 2 quarts to the pool now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Funny that you mention that. I was just telling my husband every time I vacuum then turn the filter off to disconnect the vacuum and then turn it back on, all the stuff comes out of the return. I put a net in front of it to catch it so it doesn't go back in the pool. We cleaned the cartridge but it's still happening.

Yes. We can try that. But that still wouldn't account for the FC chlorine dropping sll the time. It's strange becsuse thrre water is crystal clear. It's so clear, you can see the debri on the bottom of the pool.

Attachments

• 20200802_021032.jpg
    20200802_021032.jpg
    357.2 KB · Views: 16
Jim,
Anytime you have organics in the water it'll eat the chlorine up. Rid the pool of all, make sure you keep pool up to slam level without it sliding too much and brush floor and walls twice daily. Look for algae stuck to skimmers and skimmer weir doors where algae can hide very well. Keep the latter out too.

Jim,
Anytime you have organics in the water it'll eat the chlorine up. Rid the pool of all, make sure you keep pool up to slam level without it sliding too much and brush floor and walls twice daily. Look for algae stuck to skimmers and skimmer weir doors where algae can hide very well. Keep the latter out too.
Ok. Will try that. We'll be closing it in about 5 to 6 weeks. Hope it gets cleared up by then lol. Thanks for your help everyone.

hmmm, really sounds like you have a tear or the filter is somehow not fitting flush.... Nothing but clear water should come out of your filter.

Try putting some superlube on the top and bottom of the filter to make a better seal

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.