Chlorine and ph

Do not test pH right after adding liquid chlorine. The whole process of chlorinating your pool water with liquid chlorine is pH neutral. It is slightly alkaline when just added.

Reactions: UKjames
A good question to ask given my level of experience! But I have been testing 12to 24 hours later to see what next dose needs to be.
My TA is on the high side at 150 or so.

TA Is my problem I think then. There was a good bit of splashing in the pool today. I best either use the dry acid I have or bite the bullet and get some hydrochloric. How bad is dry acid?

Dry acid adds sulfates. If they build up to a certain level, they can corrode metals and attack cement surfaces.

Reactions: UKjames

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Not for a residential pool.

Do you drain water often? Rain, etc? Anything to dilute what is in the pool water.

The pool is inside a Perspex frame so no rain. Only dilution has been the recent large exchange I did to reduce cya from 300 to 60. I’ve Not added anything since then other than a handful Of cal Hypo mugs but now just liquid chlorine.

Otherwise draining Is just backwashing. Which having only just installed a working pressure guage I’m not sure how frequently I will do.

We need to combine a bunch of your threads. They are intermingled with bits of information everywhere.

I would call that 7.5 or so. Be sure to use a white background when looking at the color match.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.