chlorine allergy?

Most issues with pools is around the CC, or combined chlorine aka chloramines. Public pools and non-TFP pools tend to have elevated CC because they run too low of FC for the CYA in the water.

If you smell chlorine, yes. Except that really isn't chlorine, that's chloramines. It's a well-known irritant.

Believe it or not, that strong "chlorine smell" is caused by too little chlorine. Chlorine is an oxidizer. Think of it as flameless combustion. Chloramines are like the smoke from a smoldering fire. Get a good hot fire going and there's very little smoke. Get enough chlorine in the water and it's like a hot fire. The chloramines are the partially oxidized sweat and dead skin and everything else you don't want to think about that's in the water.

Your Poolmath shows your FC seems to be OK for your CYA. Are you testing FC daily and adding sufficient liquid chlorine as needed to keep FC in the target range for your CYA using the FC/CYA Levels?

The salt water loosens up all the snots that my allergy medicines bind up. It can make me sneeze in the process. Most days if I’m in the pool for more than a few minutes my nose will run like a faucet. I used to think it was whatever pollen was sitting on top of the water. Then I bought one of those nose sucker machine things and it used salty water packs to free up all the gunk so it could suck it out. Bingo. Many ‘chlorine’ pools have a high salt content for not being a salt pool so I would have the problem in most pools.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.