Chlorinator Check Valve

Hello,

I may be able to install a SWG so this question may not be necessary, but I thought I would ask anyways.

I was wondering if it is possible to insert a T into the pool plumbing after the heater and install a Chlorinator Check Valve on top of the T where I could manually pump chlorine in through a hose. I know I can automate by using a stenner pump (cost), however location and chlorine storage (Outside, pool shed hot / sun) make this difficult.

Manual pumping will allow the chlorine to mix thoroughly with the water and prevents me from pouring into the skimmer or slowly over the jets and brushing. Cost would minimal.

Besides the T, check valve, and manual pump would I need anything else?? Is this even possible?

Thanks,

s,

The problem that I see is that you would not have enough "pressure" when manually adding the chlorine to overcome the check valve. And, without the check valve, you'd get a face full of water and chlorine.. :p

Maybe I just don't understand what you want to do, but at this point, I can't see your idea working..

Thanks,

Jim R.

- - - Updated - - -

So, I reread your post and it looks like you are not pouring the chlorine in but using some kind of manual pump. In that case it might work for a little while until the chlorine ate the pumps O-rings.

What kind of manual pump would you use??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.