Jun 28, 2013
Lafayette, IN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
I have the following messages showing on my AquaLogic

Chlorinator Off - No cell power

Check System - No Cell Power 2

The cell (Turbo Cell T-CELL-15) is over 8 years old so I'm guessing that the cell needs to be replaced especially considering that the FC level has been dropping (now at 0*). Just looking for confirmation and suggestions about a replacement cell. Should I go use the same one I had before or can I use something different that might be better? I've seen a wide range in prices just for the same cell that I'm using.

* I'm using polyquat 60 right now to control algae since I'm beginning the ascorbic acid method for stain removal.

Pull the board and look for a brown spot on the back where the solder joint has failed. Touch up any bad solder spots.

The cell might also be bad, but the board needs to be fixed first to tell.

If the salinity reported by the box is accurate in both polarities, the cell is good. If it's more than 800 lower than actual, the cell is bad if it is clean with no scale.

Since I'm not a solder person I checked around. Two pool stores were not equipped to repair it. So I check with a local computer repair store and they were able to repair it. Installed and working now..

So I got my circuit board repaired and replaced. No longer getting the cell power message (yay!).

But I'm still thinking that my cell may be dead or dying. During my SLAM, I was using the cell to help maintain the shock level (I know most don't like to do that). Usually I can maintain shock at 30-40% but this time I was unable to maintain even at 90%! Even overnite I gained only 0.5 on the FC. I know this could be due to some stlll live algae somewhere in the system (visibly all is very clear). Another clue I that my salt level is not decreasing even running at 90% 24/7.

I did check the salinity in both polarities and they were within 100.

If the salinity is accurate, the cell is good.

The salt doesn't get used up. It gets converted to chlorine but the chlorine reverts back to salt when it oxidizes something.

I understand the salt/chlorine relationship but lately I've been going through a lot of salt. I don't believe it's all explained by water replacement (either by rain or hose). Isn't it true that not all of the chlorine reverts back to salt and eventually leads to a salt deficit?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No. Salt leaves the pool with water and not evaporated water.

It is either splashout, backwash, overflow, or leak.

A week and a half after getting the board repaired the error message came back again. We did have some lightning a few days ago but I didn't notice any cloud-to-ground in my area. It still seemed okay the next day...it was the second day after that it went out. So now what? Just throw in the towel and get another board? Any suggestions on the best value out there? Thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.