Chlorinating pool while covered

Lemonred34

May 5, 2019
Louisiana
Kind of like it sounds. What would you think is the best way? I need to cover the pool with this tropical depression headed this way over the weekend. I get at least half a leaf net full of debris skimming on a daily basis. I planned to bring it up to shock level Thursday evening. (Still technically slamming but that will unfortunately have to take a back seat right now)

Could add pucks to a floater?

Cover won’t come off until at least Monday morning. So roughly 84 hours.

Trichlor pucks in a floater can work if you can take a rise in CYA. Gotta see your test results to comment further.

Complication is if you are in the middle of the SLAM Process raising your CYA will cost you more CL going forward.

I would not use the pucks and deal with whatever you have on Monday.

I’m pretty desperate. I wonder if I could get some syringes to wiggle under the cover to inject LC into the corners of the pool. I’ve only been losing 2ppm FC a day. Maybe less with the cover/cloudy skies coming. So shock level may hold up for a few days at least

Your pump going to be running?

You worried about bleaching the liner?

Then add LC under the cover if you can. If not deal with it on Monday.

Reactions: Lemonred34

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.