chipping on stamped concrete at safety cover anchors

Super, I am a concrete contractor. Was the color cast on with a powder or was it integrally colored at the batch plant? If it is integrally colored all you need to do is seal that area with a small brush and the color will come back and not be noticeable. If it was not then mix a little of the release or color hardener with sealer and brush it on.

Reactions: DeadAquaRite
Super, I am a concrete contractor. Was the color cast on with a powder or was it integrally colored at the batch plant? If it is integrally colored all you need to do is seal that area with a small brush and the color will come back and not be noticeable. If it was not then mix a little of the release or color hardener with sealer and brush it on.

Thanks for the quick replies! It was a powder they put on after to get the colour. It is pretty deep at some points where it is has chipped out too. boo.

Concrete in general chips when drilled. I really think after you apply sealer it will look much better. if not then add a little color to it. but try just the sealer first. Do not try to patch it..it might look ok for a year but it will pop out when water gets under it.

Here was the powder application...

- - - Updated - - -

Concrete in general chips when drilled. I really think after you apply sealer it will look much better. if not then add a little color to it. but try just the sealer first.

Thanks! I should do this in the spring or now? It is -5 here. I will need the contractor to give me the colour too as I want it to match.

- - - Updated - - -

This all makes me feel better :)

Your welcome, Im new here and glad that I could help somebody. Im no pool expert but my family has been doing concrete for over 70 yrs. Let me know in the spring before you try to fix it and I will walk you through it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Your welcome, Im new here and glad that I could help somebody. Im no pool expert but my family has been doing concrete for over 70 yrs. Let me know in the spring before you try to fix it and I will walk you through it.

This is what TFP is all about! THANKS! I look forward to seeing you on the boards!

I can see why you're family has been in business this long. Even on the net you're providing excellent service.

It is nice to have people like him here! Love it!

Kim:kim:

I'm sorry to hear about your chipping at the anchor points. Ours did that to some extent when they were first drilled but it has not happened since through 3 winters. Ours were mostly in a small radius from the anchors. I used the following collars which hid all of the offending chips. I'm sure yours would not be covered by these but I just wanted to make sure you knew these are available if they will be of any benefit. The coloring advice should serve you well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Loop-Loc-Cover-Masonry-Anchor-Collar-FREE-SHIP-10-pack-/281965232547?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

I'm sorry to hear about your chipping at the anchor points. Ours did that to some extent when they were first drilled but it has not happened since through 3 winters. Ours were mostly in a small radius from the anchors. I used the following collars which hid all of the offending chips. I'm sure yours would not be covered by these but I just wanted to make sure you knew these are available if they will be of any benefit. The coloring advice should serve you well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Loop-Loc-Cover-Masonry-Anchor-Collar-FREE-SHIP-10-pack-/281965232547?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

Thanks for posting these. I am going to check them out they seem like good ways to hide it. I noticed that today with the rain (such weird weather in Canada) that the chips don't look bad when there wet/coloured by the water. But some spots do look off due to the aggregate you can see exposed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.