Chemistry Tweak? Calcium Hardness concern

Lablover1211

Jul 4, 2020
Chicago Suburbs, Illinois
Surface
Vinyl
Hello All-
This is my first FULL year of finally being into knowledge and out of chemical retail store he’ll. So glad to have found TFP and SLAM process.
So my ? This year so far I have been maintaining my Chemistry as best I can. I want to make sure I’m in right track. My CH is around 210-220
TA 90
PH 7.6-7.8
Keeping these these ranges, is that okay for my AG vinyl pool! Sometimes they just don’t stay in perfect range.

My problem is that my CYA varies from week to week. Mostly staying in 40-50 range. But now 30 after rain storms.
So with CYA at 30 and FC at 3 (CC .5), with the other above numbers, am I good to maintain this?
Thanks- peggy

Yes all is well. A CYA of 30 is ok and not an emergency. A slightly higher ppm may lower your daily FC loss so use your kit to determine what your actual loss is and bump your CYA in 5ppm amounts if you need. Daily FC loss is declining due to shorter days so you have that going for you.

Recommended Levels

Your numbers look good to me.
Thank you! You helped me a lot last year getting pool smart.

I really cannot accurately say what my cya is, as I can only read to 30. It’s lower than that. I’m concerned about my FC being so low, 1.8 and CC .5. Is this Normal? I’ve always had it too high and had to drain in past.
Thanks for your time

CYA not at 30 and FC of under 3 is not what you posted above.

Get your CYA to at least 30-40 ppm and maintain your FC based on the target range as shown in FC/CYA Levels

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.