Northville, Mi
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
This is a weird one and I've never had happen before...
Opened the pool Thursday afternoon - very green, lot of junk in it. Threw a couple of gallons of chlorine in that night.
Tested the water yesterday afternoon (just a day later).
FC 3.0
CC 0
TA 50
CH 100
CYA 40
But it's still quite cloudy. Honestly out of all that, the combined chlorine number is the one that shocks me. And I still have some green spots, walls slimy. When it warms up enough (if my heater isn't dying!), I'll get in it and give it a once over of brushing.

Normally I lose all my CYA over the winter, so that part is also completely new.

The absence of cc’s is not uncommon. Visible algae =
SLAM Process time.
I've never had that happen (no cc) before, which is why I said it was weird. Yeah, very familiar with slamming. Pool's never been this green at open either.

I've never had that happen (no cc) before, which is why I said it was weird. Yeah, very familiar with slamming. Pool's never been this green at open either.
You should look at it as a positive- no cc’s & still having cya means you don’t have the dreaded ammonia !
Don’t be surprised if some cc’s start showing up once slamming commences.

Bought a box (4 gallons) of 12.5% chlorine while I was out for another issue. The lady at the store was being helpful..."Rule of thumb is if you can see the bottom of the pool still, it's one box per 15,000 gallons. If you can't see the bottom of the pool, it's one box per 5000 gallons"

Now, of course I've been looking at this so I already know that second one would raise the chlorine to about 70 in my 15,000 gallon pool! Holy cow! Instead I was like "So I shouldn't use the FAS-DPD test and my magnetic stirrer?" :ROFLMAO:

• Wow
Reactions: Mdragger88
"Rule of thumb is if you can see the bottom of the pool still, it's one box per 15,000 gallons. If you can't see the bottom of the pool, it's one box per 5000 gallons"
Somebody call me?...ohhhh, those pool stores...

drpaulbearer GIF

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.