FC 9.6
CC 0
PH >8
TA 120
CH 310
CYA 60
NACL 3200 (2800 APP)
CSI 0.380

The comparator only goes up to 8 for PH, but sometimes I see other people reporting a PH higher than 8. Is there a math equation to get that number? I have a feeling it’s higher than 8 and I would like to get a more precise number, if possible to work on lowering my TA.
Does anyone know why is there such a large difference between the Omni NACL reading and my testing? I have noticed this trend since the install last month. Is there a way to get these two numbers closer together?
FC is high because I haven’t figured out how to dial in the SWG for our needs yet. CYA was zero. I’ve used 8 pounds of Clorox brand over the last month. I’ll add some more tomorrow.
Does anything else jump out at you guys?
Thanks!

Lower your pH in increments of 0.4 until the pH is in the 7's range.
Use PoolMath to determine the dose of muriaric acid to do this.
Each acid addition will bring the TA down a bit.

The accuracy of the salt test is +/- 200 ppm.
Your result and the SWG indication could each be off a little.

Reactions: KeriCarter
Lower your pH in increments of 0.4 until the pH is in the 7's range.
Use PoolMath to determine the dose of muriaric acid to do this.
Each acid addition will bring the TA down a bit.

The accuracy of the salt test is +/- 200 ppm.
Your result and the SWG indication could each be off a little.
I’ve been lowering the PH using Pool Math and MA, just not enough to lower my TA.
I’m not sure what lowering PH in increments of 4 means? Does it have something to do with counting drops? It took 5 drops of R005 to get the PH to show up as ≈7.4 on the comparator. Pool Math suggested I add 73 ounces of 28% MA to drop my PH down to 7.2, if my real PH is 8 and not any higher. My plan was to lower PH to ≈ 7, test, aerate back up to 8, and then repeat until I had lowered my TA to 50-90. Does this sound right?
Sorry for all the questions! Lowering the TA was not high on my list when everything else was so out of whack. I’m glad I’ll be able to start working on it now and learn more.
Less than a year ago I wouldn’t have known what any of this meant. Thanks to you guys I feel like I’m learning!
Thank you so much!

Not in increments of 4 - but in increments of 0.4 (4/10 of a point).

if your pH is above 8.0, use PoolMath to determine the dose to lower pH from 8.0 to 7.6 (an increment of 0.4). Add the dose with the pump running. Test ph 30 minutes later. If still 8.0 or higher, add another dose to lower from 8.0 to 7.6. Rinse, repeat until pH is in the 7s.

Don't try to adjust the pH more than 0.4 in any ONE dose. Use multiple doses if you need to adjust the pH more than 0.4 - and test between each dose.

Each muriatic adid addition will lower the TA a little - even if you can't measure it as the TA test has a resolution of 10 ppm and accuracy of +/- 10 ppm.

You don't need to chase the TA, but having TA of around 60-70 will help reduce pH rise.

Use PoolMath and set it to share your logs here.
Be sure to track CSI, Salt, Water Temperarure and Combined Chlorine.

Reactions: KeriCarter

if your pH is above 8.0, use PoolMath to determine the dose to lower pH from 8.0 to 7.6 (an increment of 0.4). Add the dose with the pump running. Test ph 30 minutes later. If still 8.0 or higher, add another dose to lower from 8.0 to 7.6. Rinse, repeat until pH is in the 7s.

Don't try to adjust the pH more than 0.4 in any ONE dose. Use multiple doses if you need to adjust the pH more than 0.4 - and test between each dose.

Each muriatic adid addition will lower the TA a little - even if you can't measure it as the TA test has a resolution of 10 ppm and accuracy of +/- 10 ppm.

You don't need to chase the TA, but having TA of around 60-70 will help reduce pH rise.

That makes perfect sense. Thank you for the great explanation!

Hi . please explain further,"
Don't try to adjust the pH more than 0.4 in any ONE dose. Why is this? Thank you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.