Chemicals question

Test the water as soon as the pump is circulating the water and begin adding chemicals.

I would give the water 30 minutes to circulate after adding chemicals before swimming.

Last edited:
Reactions: rj2222
and if you meant swim in it for the first time of the season, I always like to shock it once before I get in, because who knows what built up in their over the winter, or whatever state it was before you filled it. Might just be paranoia, but gives me peace of mind.

Get it full, get it circulating, check for leaks. The, if you know how to use poolmath, add 3 ppm FC. Then fumble with the CYA and the sock. By then the water has probably mixed enough to test pH and TA. Adjust pH if needed. Give things fifteen minutes. That's about the time you need to get the kids slathered up with sunscreen and changed. Throw them in. Less than an hour from "Shut the water off, please," to "Stop that or I'll make you get out." :mrgreen:

You'll probably need to wait a few days until it gets warm enough to suit you. 🥶

Reactions: Windylou
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.