Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Going on year # 3 now with our pool. Unfortunately my builder set me up with a salt cell that is under sized for my pool. Jandy Tru Clear for a 17k gal pool. If you check my history here, youll see that I need to manually dose my pool in order to keep my FC up. Running the cell at 90% output for 19 hours a day finally took its toll on my first cell.
With that being said, I came across this dispenser. It injects chlorine into your system. There is a timer on it that you can set to turn on and off and you can also set it to dispense xxx of chlorine. So for example, you can set the pump to run from 1pm - 4 pm and during that time frame itll dispense 40, 50, 70oz etc of chlorine into the pool.

Thoughts?

There are several variations of this item. Below is just one of them.

Many people have Stenner pumps like that and they work fine. You still have to buy and add liquid chlorine to it so if there are supply issues, then you could find it troublesome.

Why not just replace your salt cell with a properly sized version?

Many people have Stenner pumps like that and they work fine. You still have to buy and add liquid chlorine to it so if there are supply issues, then you could find it troublesome.

Why not just replace your salt cell with a properly sized version?

Jandy over the last 3 years have "replaced" the cell 2 times, but the fact is, my cells were never the issue. So when they tossed the old one in my garbage, and left, I dug it out and put it back in. My original one died a few months ago. I guess running it at 90% for 19 hours a day definitely took its toll on it. So now I have a new one im using and a spare. Once these cells go, im swapping over to an entire new pump/ salt system. Its been nothing buy issues since day one and Jandys CS lacks big time!!!
As far as getting liquid. We are not having that issue yet here in Florida. In my line of work I have access to 100 gallons on my trailer at any given time :)
Doing the SLAM has worked out great for me lol.

Reactions: Newdude
Yeah, your cell is undersized. 90% at 19 hrs/day and you still need to add chlorine manually is ridiculous. I have a Pentair IC60 on my pool (same volume as yours) and it runs at 25-30% for maybe 8 hrs/day.

I suggest you look at the CircuPool line of SWG’s. Their largest one produces 3lbs of chlorine gas per day and they are super easy to DIY install. They may even have a mod-kit for their cell that allows you to directly replace the Jandy without having to do any replumbing.

Of all the equipment manufacturers out there, Jandy has always had lots of complaints and they are against any DIY work. So they are the bottom of my list for recommended pool equipment manufacturers.

Yeah, your cell is undersized. 90% at 19 hrs/day and you still need to add chlorine manually is ridiculous. I have a Pentair IC60 on my pool (same volume as yours) and it runs at 25-30% for maybe 8 hrs/day.

I suggest you look at the CircuPool line of SWG’s. Their largest one produces 3lbs of chlorine gas per day and they are super easy to DIY install. They may even have a mod-kit for their cell that allows you to directly replace the Jandy without having to do any replumbing.

Of all the equipment manufacturers out there, Jandy has always had lots of complaints and they are against any DIY work. So they are the bottom of my list for recommended pool equipment manufacturers.
Thanks man, Ill look into a mod kit. Im just over all this nonsense. @Newdude has given me some tips. He's been my shoulder to rant to LOL.
I had 2 reps come out late last year to "figure" out the issue. Between the pump squealing like a pig intermittently to not holding FC. They blamed everything but their equipment. My phosphates were at 500, the pollen from the trees, the one or two leafs that were sitting on the bottom of the pool, my inside dog who like to swim every now and then is the equivalent of 100 people.. It was all complete BS I tell you. The PB screwed me, and I should have stood my ground if I knew then what I knew now. This setup is good for someone in NC, but here in Florida where I get full sun from 9:30am-6pm, no way its keeping up.

When you use up the last of the replacements we are going BIG for you. Especially with the longer FL season, you can't go wrong. I would have gone 3X in a heartbeat in NY if I could.

It's been such a rock/hard place for you man, between frustration and trying to make the most of the hand you were dealt. We're here for you when you need.

Reactions: JoyfulNoise
… My phosphates were at 500, the pollen from the trees, the one or two leafs that were sitting on the bottom of the pool, my inside dog who like to swim every now and then is the equivalent of 100 people.. It was all complete BS I tell you. …

😂😩😢

Makes me laugh and cry. Either they are totally clueless (high probability) or they think people actually believe their total BS … I guess there are just enough suckers out there in the world that their business model of “treat the pool owner like a moron” is worth a try every time. They know they are going to lose money on any service/warranty call and so they do their darndest to blame anyone or anything else. Sad but predictable and not at all unsurprising given the nature of the pool industry …

Makes me laugh and cry.
Frank had alot to go over so he called me. When he mentioned the dog thing, I had to apologize for the extra long string of loud adult words that flew out of my mouth before my brain caught it. :ROFLMAO:

Sorry again for the potty mouth Frank !!! They just really tweaked my melons there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.