Bronze Supporter
May 20, 2018
Clovis, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
This is what they had up front near the garden center cashier at my local Lowes today 22 325.

In back with the pool stuff it was 23 102. Not super fresh but a whole lot better than last year’s stock.

IMG_4926.jpeg

I see that a lot at various stores. They buy it in bulk and it doesn’t sell so they move it out front. I bet the sellers don’t even realize that liquid chlorine is “perishable” and so they are just trying to get their stock sold and recover their costs.

It would be good if the industry was more transparent about it and had a program where old LC could be returned to the manufacturer for fresh supplies. Aside from the loses incurred from the packaging (sealed bottle) and transport, old LC could be recycled and reused.

I bet the sellers don’t even realize that liquid chlorine is “perishable” and so they are just trying to get their stock sold and recover their costs.
They likely don't even think that far into it. The old pallet up high somewhere keeps getting buried behind newer pallets. At some point, someone sees the boxes yellowing and thinks 'oh jeez, maybe we should put that pallet out'.

Reactions: JoyfulNoise
They likely don't even think that far into it. The old pallet up high somewhere keeps getting buried behind newer pallets. At some point, someone sees the boxes yellowing and thinks 'oh jeez, maybe we should put that pallet out'.

And then the kid working his summer job there puts the LC pallet right next to the muriatic acid pallet and throws a couple of boxes of powered dichlor shock on top so that the display attracts all those pool owners looking for their weekly supplies … 🤦‍♂️

… but don’t worry, they keep the algaecide in a separate spot because they want to be safe 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: scdaren and Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.