Cheap Robot for cheap landlord

May 16, 2018
Easton, Md
The pipe from my booster pump to the pool is leaking a lot so I need to convince my cheap-o landlord to buy a robot cleaner for the pool because when I leave my Polaris hooked up I loose 2 inches of water a day. Their plan is to demo the pool and the house and rebuild in the next few years so I know he won’t go digging to repair a broken pipe. I also don’t want to settle for manually vacuuming so I’d like to propose that he buy a robot. My pool is huge, 25x50, 50k gallons, doesn’t get very dirty, mostly the day to day stuff is just a few spiders and a couple leaves on the floor. I don’t care about longevity, I just want it to last this summer, maybe next. No bells and whistles needed and I have a shed I can store it in. I’m overwhelmed with the options. Any suggestions?

Ok he has approved the S200. I’m going to order it today but before I send him the bill, do I need to buy anything else to go with it??? I’m going with this refurbished one....

If you call (YOU MUST CALL!) Marina Pool Spa and Patio they can sell you a brand new one for close to or at that same price. Dozens of users on this forum have bought from them. And, if you do not live in Colorado (where they are located), no tax. And free shipping. If this other website works out to be cheaper let me know but please do at least try them first. You can also ask them to trade out the filter for the one that comes with the S300i for no additional charge (be sure to request that). Otherwise, you don't need really anything else. It's pretty much plug and play (other than if you want a caddy for it, but most people around here leave there's in the pool most of the time).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.