Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
Hi Everyone,

I have had my pool for almost a month now and my Hayward Power-Flo LX pump has been making a weird chattering noise from the start. Here is a video where you can hear the chattering:
The noise is almost like there are little rocks washing around in the intermediate housing. The noise is always there but the frequency of the chattering is not consistent, sometime more and some time less.

I separated the pump from the filter and emptied it out, nothing came out the output port nor could I see anything loose in there.

I called the pool store that I bought it from and they say "it sounds fine" but I don't think so. I was hoping that all of the experts here could let me know if this is in fact normal or if there is something wrong and what I should do. Thank you very much for your help.

I found some videos on YouTube about pool pump cavitation and it seems like that is what is happening with my pump.

Any recommendations on how to fix this? Seems that I have to try get more water to the pump. I use the Hayward hoses that came with the kit now, is there something better I can use? Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.