Chattanooga, Tennessee Rectangle

Yeah Crystal... they all can't be winners LOL! You are so kind! I called and alerted my pool builder of the potential catastrophic effect of water since the pool is in the orchard and closer to the house. There are many water drain lines flowing toward the SE corner. Pool builder dug up the corner of our home's foundation (by accident) and in deep discussion as to "how low the foundation goes"... I'm amazed and truly upset that this happened close to my house this evening:
View attachment 63801

Water is UNACCEPTABLE. Especially when I go out to help alleviate and I sink down in to my knees after days of warnings!!

- - - Updated - - -

WHAT??????? He did what??? OH MY! It is almost like they dig in such a way as to cause the most damage possible :shock:

At least you know what to do for the water to get it balanced. You can also turn your returns up so they roll the water real good.

:hug:

I couldn't write a pool movie script this good: The temporary Superpump we had (until the electrician gets here next week) I think got fried in the lightning storm last night. My immediate issue was the water, then I was maybe a second or two too late on unplugging the temporary pump, I saw a spark, arc if you will. GFCI is a little wonky, but easy fit. I think I might have to play TAPS for the leaky, old, temporary pump though.

Thank you Foxy! I've had a fix, but they don't want to bring their ditch witch for whatever reason. Personally, the ditch witch may be a unicorn. It is beautiful and elusive. Well, they just arrived to see my disaster. Let's go see what lie I get. OH GOODIE!!!! :D

After reading everything else they have screwed up I wouldnt want them digging with anything more than a plastic beach shovel. That is a mess and if I were you I would be fighting for a very very ample discount to the final bill.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Got ya!!! So here is what I do..........I have a small note book where I keep all of my test results. I even have a column for "big" weather-all day rain, HOT sun, Cloudy all day, WINDY day, BIG swimmer load (know not weather but something that can impact the pool).

After a while you will start to see patterns that will help you predict what your pool will do when this or that happens.

Is that what kind of info you are looking for? Help me dial it in more if not. :hug:

Kim:kim:

Thank you Kim!
My prediction to anyone reading: "Note to self", when a big storm happens and you have a pond nearby... there may be a large frog spawn and it WILL go to your pool!!! That is the extreme weather, weird stuff that may happen as a non-pool person I wouldn't think would effect me. Lotsa debris and dead debris :-( Have a frog log, but the skimmer must suck a lot. So Sad!!!

On other news, please pray for my kitty Neo. He had 2 tumors removed on Tuesday and hope they come back non-cancerous! Much Love!
neo0630.jpg

Neo, you sure are a pretty thing! Now do lots of healing and give your mom lots of head butts and purrs! Here is hoping the tests come back good.

Frog spawn from pond to pool :shock: I think I am glad I have an above ground pool for sure as we also have a pond with LOTS of froggies in it. Sorry to hear the skimmer got some though :(

Kim:kim:

Neo, if he were a person, would say, "thank you Kim!" He is feeling better and will have his stitches out hopefully next week.
I believe all living things should come first and foremost! It makes me SO SAD that we've killed frogs with this pool! I've tried everything (I thought) with the frog log and checking each morning and evening, we've saved a couple... but this is bad considering the shape amphibians are in and their habitat being decimated. This is my worst case scenario! I wanted to have the least impact to our environment, I stated that to the salesman John, but what can we do with what the builder has left us, a single stage pump that burns electricity like there is no tomorrow and sucks EVERYTHING IN (and unfortunately I've seen 2 frogs in the pump... which we never were told how to handle, or backwash, or anything else with our pool except how to turn on the fountain!) I quote from Doug's brother, " We will be back before you have to backwash" 06/16/17. Same brother "I only put two bags of sand in your filter. I know this sand and water it is 400lbs when I move it next week. It makes it easier on me). I would like all of my 350 lbs of sand (and hundreds of lbs of water) so I don't have to backwash constantly (thank you TFP and Youtube for the tutorials of backwashing). I would LOVE my concrete decking so my iron-filled rocks do not keep collecting every evening in the pool with these 2 - 4" rain thunderstorms. It is so hard to have a pool, when you actually DON'T have a complete pool.

Whelp, just wanted to update my build thread. Been busy relocating the spring water, doing some landscaping, and going to finish up (hopefully) tomorrow the cat enclosure on the back deck. Cats have been bored since the 'ole crabby girl passed away. :cry: We were so preoccupied with stuff going on... we didn't notice they were bored and lethargic. Guess her being a witch and smacking and chasing them gave them a thrill? Well SHAZAM!! THE OUTSIDE!!!
Another pressing issue is we've been without a microwave for several weeks now. Unfortunately, our order is lost in space. Predicting a comet is easier than the prediction of when our microwave will show up. KitchenAid doesn't realize that cooking on a microwave saves so much energy and is better for the environment! Just kidding, I really want to heat up the frozen potato and cheese burritos for breakfast.

If you've read this far then you know it is slow as a slug. It hasn't got better. Promises Promises from the builder. No power or plumbing but I'll be spending the better part of the afternoon tomorrow with some bleach and skimmer on a pole to agitate so this expensive trucked-in water doesn't go rancid. Here's some pics for your viewing:

FILLING:
View attachment 63295

EVENING COLOR:
View attachment 63296

NIGHT TIME COLOR:
View attachment 63297
Hi! Love your pool, considering this liner! Can you post some more pics of it???

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.