Changing Liner,- Add Cantilevered Channel

7jx7

Apr 28, 2022
NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
16x32 inground concrete pool. Tree came down in it and tore liner. Walls and floor are good. I simply don't have enough in the budget this year for a full revovation. When I do the deck I was thinking of cantilevered concrete. Question:
Is it possible to pull the old concrete coping pieces up, have them do the liner with the channel that will accommodate a cantilevered deck pour next year,, and in the meantime put the old coping back? Thinking of ways to get the pool back in operation while having some deck flexibility next year.

I believe this will be a challenge or impossible, they need to fix the cantilever mold before the concrete pour somewhere and for me it was on the liner attachment system so impossible with the liner in place. Also to properly keep the mold in place sometime they put wood to push the mold to stay in place in order to get straight lines etc...

Major work around the pool I would prefer have my liner install after.

Some pictures that can make you understand how cantilever is achieve.

Cantilever mold being installed
DSC00451_small.jpg

Cantilever mold installed and wood re-enforcing.
20211020_160357000_iOS_small.jpg
Concrete pour
20211020_163328000_iOSsmall.jpg
Concrete finish with mold still in place
20211020_201319000_iOSsmall.jpg

Cantilever mold removed and imperfections removed with diamond sanding block.
86s.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 7jx7
That's helpful, thanks. Looks like I'm either doing the full renovation or just the liner replacement and when I do the full renovation I'll have to eat the cost of another liner replacement at that point if I go with the cantilevered deck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.