Changed Pump and returned water is very bubbly should i be concerned.

JohnWillis

Gold Supporter
Jun 25, 2021
Commerce twp MI
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
On Thursday my old 1hp single speed pump died. In a hurry to get a new pump I ordered a new Black and Decker 2hp variable speed pump. It arrived Sunday night so I got it wired up and plumbed by Monday evening. I notice when it runs on the 3k rpm the returned water is very bubbly but not so at 1500 or 1k rpms. Also checked my ph and it went up from 7.2 to 7.8 in 6 days. I've been keeping it at 7.2 as I always do an asorbic acid treatment when I open it and the water is cold. Been raising my chlorine slowly like it says to. Should I be concerned about the bubbles raising the ph. There are no leaks and water level is holding steady. Any help would be appreciated.

How many skimmers do you have?

Have you looked into the skimmer(s) when your new pump is running at 3000 rpm? Is the water in the skimmer being churned up?

Your pool may not have the suction capacity for your new pump at high speed. If so just keep the speed down to what your skimmers can supply.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.