Change or remove CYA targets for Spa with Bromine?

PoolBrews

Oct 16, 2019
The Villages, Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I understand that the developer has made a decision to set fixed target levels, and Pool Math does not support bromine.

At a minimum, I would like to have the ability to remove CYA from my spa. CYA does nothing for bromine as far as I know, so having to record the level every time, or leave it at zero makes no sense. I would rather be able to remove it from my spa. Is there a way to do this?

Better yet - have the app support bromine, so CYA would be a target of 0 :)

Well, in all honesty, the app was developed with pools in mind, not hot tubs. A chlorine sanitized hot tub just happens to work with the app’s features. Hot tub maintenance is a small subset of TFP’s user traffic and so it’s never been a high priority .... bromine tubs are an even smaller subset of that.

That said, perhaps @Leebo and @redth can add the request to the future list of upgrades. Winter time is always a good time to mess around with app features.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.