Charleston, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-3)
My AquaRite SWG is five years old I and have always been able to run my VSP at 1000 RPM for generating purposes. A bonus coincidence that when I need to backwash, the SWG stops generating because of low flow. My water warmed to the point that I turned my SWC back on but I got the low flow after a fresh backwash (pollen has been awful this spring). I now have to run the pump at 1400 RPM to generate. Nothing else has changed...no new plumbing, devices etc. Has anyone else experienced this kind of change or have an idea why this might be occurring? I have made sure there are no leaks, but perhaps I have an undetected one?

Have you inspected the cell? Can you access the flow switch to see if anything is hindering it?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You might not be getting enough flow for a proper backwash.

Is the clean filter pressure reading different from before?
It is exactly the same as it was before and actually since I've had to up my RPM, the backwash prior to the last few weeks was 2500 then 1000 and I never had an issue. I am fine with the increase, it is just odd to me that this occurred after 5 years with no other changes to my set-up. I just don't want to discover a leak down the road! The pool is holding the same water level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.