Goldsboro, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Once I added R-0011L the solution turned purple. I started over and added 5 drops of R-0012 to start and then the R-0010 and R-0011L and the solution turned blue.

Pool water is fresh and no chems added as the liner was just replaced. Water source is municipal.

Did I do something incorrectly or do I need to do anything differently?

Test the tap water to see if you get the same result.

Have you added any sequestrant?
Okay, just tested the tap water and the same thing happened. No sequestrant has been added.

I had the tap water tested at the pool store to check for metals and all of them came back as 0. The deep end of the pool does have a green tint to it. Has had that since starting to fill on Tuesday. The water will be high enough that I can start using the skimmers in a few hours.

Are you sure that you don't have the reagents mixed up? Maybe you accidentally used #12 instead of #10 at the start?

You might just have low calcium. Do the test the regular way to see if the solution goes from purple to blue.

Are you sure that you don't have the reagents mixed up? Maybe you accidentally used #12 instead of #10 at the start?

You might just have low calcium. Do the test the regular way to see if the solution goes from purple to blue.
The first time that I ran the test I used #10 and that’s then it turned purple as soon as #11 was added. I then read on here that if that happens to add 5 drops of #12 to start and then #10 and #11. When I did that it turned blue as soon as #11 was added.

You might just have very low calcium in the tap water. For vinyl, you don't really need calcium. You can add some if you want, but it's not necessary. If you add some, there's no reason to go over 100 ppm.

You might just have very low calcium in the tap water. For vinyl, you don't really need calcium. You can add some if you want, but it's not necessary. If you add some, there's no reason to go over 100 ppm.

Okay, sounds good. I’ll leave it as is for now. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.