CH Levels

Billtkat

Apr 25, 2020
Oro Valley, AZ
Once I opened my CH was at 80. After sitting there for a bit I did add 8pd bucket of the CH up and now for a month it has sat at 150 on ever single test I have done. My pool water leveler from the house is on soft water so testing house water it is a zero . Water from the street test 80 which makes sense as that was the majority of the original fill this year. My question is how important is it to get to 200 or 250 ? I had a new plaster job this year and want to ensure I am not creating an issue by being too low and of course careful I do not go to high - Being in AZ I hear we have hard water and might be true however I think the fact the water being used to maintain the pool water level is soft water I am not going to see the rise most would think - If I need to raise it I do have cal -hypo 73% shock that I could use vs bleach for a bit to bring it up slowly over the course of a few weeks > 1 pd will increase CH 5.8 in my pool
thanks

In your other thread this was discussed.
With 0CH fill water, you need to get your CH up to 250ppm plus very soon. Depending on your pool water temperature, you are very close to having very aggressive water based on your Poolmath data.
You can use Cal Hypo, again as discussed in your other thread. It may take time. If you do that, keep your TA and pH in the very upper ranges to protect your plaster.

In your other thread this was discussed.
With 0CH fill water, you need to get your CH up to 250ppm plus very soon. Depending on your pool water temperature, you are very close to having very aggressive water based on your Poolmath data.
You can use Cal Hypo, again as discussed in your other thread. It may take time. If you do that, keep your TA and pH in the very upper ranges to protect your plaster.
Thanks - I did not know water temp played a role and based on previous feedback I was hearing it would raise on its own in AZ. I think I left out the soft water being the add in - I might just go ahead an add the CH up to get it there since the range is 200-400 so I have some wiggle room

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.