CH Levels not in correct range.

ecsii

May 10, 2019
Fresno, CA
I have never been able to get my CH levels into the recommended range. My CH is 150. I have added 75 pounds of Calcium Chloride de-icer (over a period of time) and it only raised the CH from 120 to 150. What would be the best thing to do to get it into range?

How are you testing your pool water chemistry? If you have added calcium to the water, it is in the water. Unless you drain a lot of water and refill with low CH water.

What does the label say about the ingredients of that Calcium Chloride de-icer?

Over what period of time?

Was water added during that time?

75lbs of calcium should raise your pool by 300ppm.

I put the first 35 pounds of Calcium Chloride in over a two week period then the next 40 pounds over the next week. I don't have the label for the box so don't remember the percentage. Usually in the summer I add about one inch of water per week ( some times a little more from evaporation). It hardly changed the reading after adding 75 pounds. I will try to get a label on the material I used and post it here. Pool Math says I need to add almost 40 ponds to bring it up to the correct amount. That's what it showed before I added the 75 lbs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.