CH - how high is too high?

Drew80

Feb 26, 2013
Austin, TX
My water has been a little cloudy lately and I'm wondering if it's because of the high CH. Full report below. I added some muriatic this morning, so my pH and TA are lower than usual.

Is it time to do a partial drain?

FC: 5
pH: 6.8
TA: 40
CH: 700
CYA: 70
Salt: 3200

That CH level will not make pool cloudy. I have had upwards of 1000 ppm without issue.

Likely organics.

Whatever happened with the aphids ? Are they gone ? Did you SLAM to clear the water ?

Whatever happened with the aphids ? Are they gone ? Did you SLAM to clear the water ?
Had the trees sprayed 3 weeks ago then just had it done again on Friday and I still don't think it got them all. These things are a nightmare. I've cleaned up the back yard a bit, but I'm waiting until I'm sure they're gone before I do a full clean up. We also have a lot of pecans falling, and those things stain like crazy. I'm going to have to bleach my limestone pavers and deck.

I did a full SLAM after we sprayed the first time and I kept the FC levels higher than normal (10+) for two weeks after that. The pool is consistently full of leaves but the water has been clear, but we left for the weekend and came back to slightly cloudy water. It's not too bad, but that was the impetus for this thread. I think I'm just fighting off a ton of organics right now.

I think I'm just fighting off a ton of organics right now.
Well then. Fight. :)

28 FC (or 40% of you CYA if it's not 70) will ensure you retain the upper hand. The difference between cloudy and full blown swamp is only a couple exponential growth cycles. Taking your sweet time pondering what it could be, or when you should start, never ends well.

The loss of TFP clear water is a fail in the need to SLAM criteria. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. Proceed directly to SLAM.

Hit it hard and often. (y)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.